Texas Medicaid requires functional goals for all PT, OT, and ST plans of care. To help providers integrate this requirement into therapy plans of care, the Writing Functional Therapy Goals webinar will explore the process in depth with explanations and examples from a variety of practice areas.
Topics covered in the webinar include:
· Writing functional goals for PT, OT, and ST
· Creating patient-centered and Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound (SMART) goals
· Clinical considerations for writing acute, chronic, and maintenance or preventative goals
· Three categories that support medical necessity for therapy services
· Identifying goals that do not meet policy criteria
· Including caregiver education in goals and plan of care
Updates to programs, policies, and procedures discussed in this webinar can be found on the TMHP website in the current published provider manuals, web articles, and banner messages.