The Third-Party Liability (TPL) CBT discusses components of TPL, including cost avoidance, cost recovery, tort, and claims, appeals, and reimbursements.
At the conclusion of this CBT, you should be able to:
- Define third-party liability (TPL) and its components.
- Access federal and state requirements.
- Identify whether a client has other insurance, and notify TMHP if you find other insurance.
- Recognize the differences between TPL and the CSHCN Services Program.
- Define the components of cost avoidance, cost recovery, and tort.
- Determine claim submission deadlines.
- Notify TMHP about third-party resources (TPR).
- Find TPL contact information.
Education materials in this CBT are accurate as of publishing date. Because this is updated as part of an annual production schedule, for the most current information, updates to policy and program information can be found on the TMHP website in the current Texas Medicaid Provider Procedures Manual (TMPPM) and Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program Provider Manual, web articles, and banner messages.